In 1956-57, the Eberhard Faber Company moved operations from their Greenpoint, New York location (established in 1872) to a state-of-the-art facility in Crestwood Industrial Park, located in Mountain Top, Pennsylvania.
Some 37 acres of woods were cleared for the facility, which was designed by Eyerman, Hoban, and Sincavage, a firm based in Wilkes-Barre. The 7-acre facility boasted a 250,000-square-foot factory, and by some reports, more than six miles of conveyor belts.
The factory would eventually employ approximately 400 workers until 1986, when in a cost-saving move several departments were relocated to Mexico. By 1988 however, the company was sold to Faber-Castell U.S.A. in Lewisburg, Tennessee, despite an offer from Dixon.
The building was last occupied in 1998 by a company involved in the pool industry. By 2010 the building had been razed, but Crestwood Industrial Park continues to host more than a dozen companies.